Belly fat giving you sleepless nights? Got a slinky new cocktail gown you’re dying to show off but those cumbersome inches around the waist not allowing you to look like the Cosmo-goddess you are?
Atlas might have had the weight of the world on his shoulders but a modern woman’s biggest worry lies right under her feet. Better known to us as the weighing machine, it snarkily reminds you of every unhealthy lifestyle choice you’ve ever made and takes you to task over it till the cows come home.
But a word to the wise. Not only is belly fat or ‘visceral fat’ as it is called, ungainly, it is a premonition to a slew of health conditions that you might be at risk for. Heart disease, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure..you name them and belly fat’s got them. Scary, right? But what does one do in a world that’s full of unhealthy lifestyle choices? Our air is noxious, food processed, millions aren’t sleeping enough (some aren’t sleeping at all) and even if we wanted to break the cycle, one wouldn’t know where to start.
Enter Castor Oil.
A humble oil derived from the Ricinis communis plant native to India and Africa, castor oil has been part of traditional medicine for centuries. The presence of an unusual fatty acid named Ricinioleic acid imparts to Castor oil many of its wonderful healing properties. As such, castor oil is still used to alleviate an array of health issues like joint pains, headaches and migraines, skin infections, menstrual cramping etc., due to its analgesic (pain relieving) and anti-inflammatory (against swelling, redness) properties conferred to it by, you guessed it, ricinoleic acid.
Castor Oil For Belly Fat Reduction
If after months of religiously watching your diet, hundreds of nauseating health drinks and a gazillion new exercise routines later, your weighing machine is still refusing to tip from fat to fit maybe it’s time to mix things up a bit. Due to the aforementioned qualities of castor oil, it makes an excellent fat removal remedy that you must add to any weight loss program regime you undertake.Read more to know how you can effectively use castor oil for belly fat reduction.
How To Use Castor Oil To Lose Belly Fat
To shed those stubborn inches off your waist, you could make a ‘Castor Oil Pack’. Here you will learn how to use castor oil on belly for better results. To make this pack-
A. You will need
- Castor Oil
- A piece of flannel large enough to cover the abdomen
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
- A wheat bag or any gentle weight to direct heat into the body
- Bath Towel
B. How To Do This
- Lie down in a comfortable space using the towel to support your back.
- Spread the castor oil over your palms evenly by rubbing them against each other.
- Cover abdomen with castor oil using gentle clockwise motions. Massage once castor oil is evenly spread.
- Place the flannel over the castor oil and use the plastic to wrap the flannel around your abdomen.
- Place the hot water bottle over the wrap and secure the assembly with the wheat bag to gently redistribute heat.
- Your pack is now ready.
- Stay put for 45 to 60 minutes for best results.
DISCLAIMER: The following method is not a weight loss technique and hence must not be taken as one. To be used in case of constipation or bloating.
Consuming Castor Oil
A lot of us might be familiar with castor oil as a household laxative. Unpurified castor oil has high quantities of ricin, a toxin and therefore, must never be consumed internally. However, upon purification, the toxins present in castor oil are removed and only trace amounts are left behind. This lends to castor oil its quality as a purgative or laxative. Purgatives help facilitate bowel movement which is otherwise restricted and causes bloating and abdominal pain.
To use castor oil as a purgative, simply-
A. Measure out the quantity you need (consulting a doctor about your health condition beforehand is advised)
• 15-60 ml for adults and children above 12 years of age
• 5-15 ml for children between 2-12 years of age
• 1-5 ml for children younger than 2 years
B. Ingest on an empty stomach or chill the oil an hour before consumption to make it more palatable.
C. Mix with cranberry or orange juice to cover the bitter taste.
D. NEVER use castor oil as a purgative for more than seven days, unless under medical supervision. It causes dehydration and electrolyte imbalance leading to diarrhea, vomiting and severe abdominal pain.
Benefits Of Using A Castor Oil Pack
- Topical application
- No harm to the body (Check for allergies before usage by doing a patch test i.e., apply a small quantity of the oil to your wrist/arm and see if you develop any redness or irritation. If yes, avoid further usage.)
- Easily available and easy to use
- Cost effective
- Massage alleviates stiffness and pain
Bear in mind, however, that castor oil alone cannot help you lose fat but can definitely add to the process. Just like there is no substitute to hard work, a healthy lifestyle requires you to eat right and exercise right too. Try the castor oil pack for belly fat on a regular basis along with a good diet and exercise routine and see how you get the flab out of fabulous!